- Southern Maine Area Agency on Aging - The Southern Maine Area Agency on Aging is the officially designated agency in Southern Maine to assist the aging. It provides Meals on Wheels service and many information and referral and advocacy resources for seniors.
- Maine Office of Aging and Disability Services - Offers assistance and resources on housing, community services and supports, support at home, crisis hotlines and other resources for older and disabled adults
- Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention - The Maine CDC is an excellent resource for anyone who would like to find out more about a particular disease, illness or senior-related issue. This website also provides guidance on where to turn for assistance and support.
- Maine Alzheimer's Association- The Maine chapter of the American Alzheimer's Association offers information on how to identify signs of these illnesses and where one can turn for assistance.
- The Iris Network - Provides information and resources for visually impaired, including early treatment and prevention
- Maine Department of Human Services
- Cape Farm Alliance Food Security and Access
- Judy's Pantry
- Maine Senior Farm Share
- Emergency Food Assistance providers in Cumberland County
The Opportunity Alliance (TOA) offers several programs to help with heating improvements and costs for those families that meet income eligibility requirements.
- General Assistance - The Town of Cape Elizabeth administers a Welfare/General Assistance program that provides confidential financial assistance to residents who are having difficulty meeting basic needs for housing, utilities, food, medications etc.
- Thomas Jordan Trust - The Thomas Jordan Trust is a local resource administered by the Town of Cape Elizabeth to help Cape Elizabeth citizens.
- Maine Residents Property Tax Fairness Credit Information- Maine has a refundable Property Tax Fairness Credit that can be claimed on the Maine Individual Income Tax Form.
- Property Tax Abatement due to infirmity or poverty - Any citizen may apply for a property tax abatement for their primary residence for reasons of infirmity or poverty.
Cape Elizabeth High School seniors participate in community outreach, helping Cape senior citizens with activities such as raking leaves, shoveling snow, companion visits, trips to the Recycling Center, help with computers and more. Contact teacher Tom Kohan for more information.
- Regional Transportation Program, Inc. (RTP) is a private, non-profit, United Way agency that provides publicly funded, low-cost transportation to persons in Cumberland County who need rides.
- Independent Transportation Network provides a community-based, community-supported, economically viable and consumer-oriented, quality transportation service for seniors and adults with visual impairment.
Churches in Cape Elizabeth offer programs and assistance to address the physical, social and spiritual needs of elderly:
- Cape Elizabeth United Methodist Church
- St. Albans Episcopal Church
- St. Bartholomew Roman Catholic Church
South Portland/Cape Elizabeth TRIAD - This program of the Cape Elizabeth and South Portland police departments offers supports for seniors and residents of Cape Elizabeth including daily check in, file-of-life packets, and monthly learning sessions on safety, well-being and quality of life issues for seniors
These providers located in Cape Elizabeth specialize in care for the elderly:
- Coastal Rehab - Occupational, physical and ppeech therapy services. Geriatric rehabilitation at home or on site
- Village Crossings Assisted Living - Residential care for assisted living and respite stays
- Cape Memory Care - Residential living facility for persons with Alzheimer’s disease, other dementias and memory related impairments